Zucchini Torte – From my sister, Helen
2 cups zucchini, grated
½ cup whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup grated Swiss cheese
½ teaspoon Italian seasoning (oregano, basil, tarragon)
½ cup olive oil
Pepper, to taste
1. Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, Parmesan cheese and herbs.
2. Beat the eggs, add the flour mixture and stir until incorporated.
3. Add the zucchini, oil, and Swiss cheese.
4. Pour into a greased pie pan or square baking pan.
5. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until done.
This recipe makes 4 generous servings or enough for 8 people as an appetizer.